Gregory A. Kompes (MFA, MS Ed.) has authored 15 books (fiction, poetry, nonfiction), contributed to over a dozen anthologies (including Chicken Soup for the Soul: What I Learned from the Dog, Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Joy of Christmas, and Chicken Soup for the Soul: Touched by an Angel), and written hundreds of published articles and essays on a wide range of topics.
Gregory is the founder and facilitator of The Writer Workshop and is included on the Nevada Arts Council’s Artist Roster. He also teaches composition at Nevada State College, as well as courses for Southern New Hampshire University’s MFA program. As Artist in Residence, he teaches a popular fiction series, “Fiction through Prompts,” (under a Nevada Arts Council and National Endowment for the Arts grant) at the Public Works Coffee House, Henderson, NV.
Gregory holds a BA in English Literature from Columbia University, New York, a Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning and an MS Ed. from California State University, East Bay, and an MFA in Creative Writing from National University.
Other favorite accomplishments include:
- Serving as Artist in Residence for the Gibson Public Library (2017-2019);
- Serving as Artist in Residence for the Gay and Lesbian Center of Las Vegas (2018);
- Walking the 1000km Via de La Plata route of the Camino de Santiago (2013);
- Serving as President of the Henderson Writers’ Group (2013-17);
- Serving as Conference Coordinator for the Las Vegas Writer’s Conference (2006-2007); and
- Touring the US & Far East as a bass player for Broadway tours from 1990-1993 (Hello, Dolly!, 42nd Street, and Annie).