Gregory A. Kompes (MFA, MS Ed.) has authored 19 books (fiction, poetry, nonfiction), contributed to over a dozen anthologies (including 4 Chicken Soup for the Soul volumes), and written hundreds of published articles and essays on a wide range of topics.
Gregory is the founder and facilitator of The Writer Workshop and teaches for Southern New Hampshire University’s MFA program.
Gregory holds a BA in English Literature from Columbia University, New York, a Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning and an MS Ed. from California State University, East Bay, and an MFA in Creative Writing from National University.
Other favorite accomplishments include:
- Being a member of the Nevada Arts Council’s Artist in Schools Roster;
- Serving as Artist in Residence for the Gibson Public Library funded with National Endowment for the Arts/Nevada Arts Council Grants (2017-2019);
- Serving as Artist in Residence for the Gay and Lesbian Center of Las Vegas funded with National Endowment for the Arts/Nevada Arts Council Grants (2018);
- Walking the 1000km Via de La Plata route of the Camino de Santiago (2013);
- Serving as President of the Henderson Writers’ Group (2013-2017);
- Serving as Conference Coordinator for the Las Vegas Writer’s Conference (2006-2007); and
- Touring the US & Far East as a bass player for Broadway tours from 1990-1993 (Hello, Dolly!, 42nd Street, and Annie).